Well it is back to school for the kids!! Hooray!! They have both been so stressed out over the past couple of weeks with anticipation of the year to come. Zack couldn't wait to find out who his teacher was, and Courtney wanted to find out what friends she would have in her various classes. Good news, they are both doing well.
Courtney is running Cross Country for her middle school, and she is loving it. She just has a natural ability to run and run without becoming too tired. She didn't get that from me, that's for sure. Her classes are going great, and she is super responsible about getting all of her homework done. We have her first Cross Country meet next weekend, and so it should be a lot of fun. I always tell her that she is my guinea pig...I have to figure everything out for the first time with her. When it comes time for Zack to do these things, I will be a pro!!
Zack got the strictest teacher in the school!! I am totally loving it. Mrs. Knight is super organized and loves things to be just so. Zack should thrive in this environment because he is somewhat used to it. This last year things have gotten away from me a little, but I do love to be organized and have everything in control. She is a much better teacher than last year, and so he will continue to do well with school as always.
Brett has truly been a mystery!! I was convinced that he would really have a hard time with his "entertainment committee" leaving for school each day. I agonized and agonized over putting him in Preschool an extra year, because I totally thought he would be bored out of his mind. He is doing so well. He loves the one on one time he gets with his parents, and we love to interact with him as well. He has been a total joy to be around. There just may be tears streaming down my face when he gets on that Kindergarten bus someday!! Ha Ha



2 comments:
Love the picture of Brett! Hard to believe our kiddos are growing up so fast. I will most definately have tears when Lily gets on the bus for kindergarten!
I love the title of your post, it made me laugh out loud. There was a commerical a couple of years back that would play that song while it showed the mom shopping for school supplies. That commerical always made me laugh too. Your kids are so big!
Enjoy your kid free school days.;)
Post a Comment