Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Furry Visitor


I just thought that this was a funny picture. Dave was out watering our trees around the house, and kept hearing this thumping noise off in the distance. He followed the sound, and traced it to the rain gutter in the backyard. He put a hose down into the rain gutter, and turned it on. All in hopes of flushing out the critter making the noise. Out popped the head of this half drowned rabbit that was stuck in the gutter. We had to unscrew the rain gutter, and shake the rabbit out. Just a funny story I thought you might enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I would much rather be dealing with a rabbit rather then my voles! They are running rampid in our neighborhood...and have infiltrated my back yard! I have a plan though, I am baiting my traps, but not setting them to snap, for two days, letting the little things get "comfortable" eating off the traps...then Thursday night I am setting all the traps...and hopefully...Friday morning a awake to a haul of voles! Mean? Maybe! But necessary!

SaraColorado said...

That's funny! The rain gutter is exactly where I found my vole --and caught the darn thing--! So a rabbit would be a welcome visitor (although now that I'm trying to grown a vegi-garden, maybe not). Still, much cuter than a mouse or vole!