Well, it has been awhile since I have had the time to blog. I am still getting used to carrying the camera with me wherever I go, and it continually slips my mind. Our family has had the opportunity to get away this past week, mainly for the purpose of attending Dave's sister's wedding. Aunt Chris was married this weekend in Lake Powell.
Let me start off with the beginning of this fun journey. Dave and I were trying to decide if we could attend Aunt Chris' upcoming wedding. The date was changed several times, and Dave's work schedule doesn't always permit him to travel at last minute. It just so happened that he wasn't going out of town during the Fourth of July, so things were timed perfectly. It has been a really rough year and a half for me health wise, and I told Dave that if he was going to go I was going with him!! The conclusion was then drawn that we would all go together. I was in desperate need of a long vacation.
In an attempt to break up the long drive, we headed out from Colorado and stopped in Farmington, New Mexico the first night after seven hours of driving. I don't recommend this to anyone. Farmington was probably one of the dirtiest places that I have ever been. People just throw their garbage out of their car windwos. We stopped off at Target to get water, and a few other things. There was garbage all over in the parking lot!! Can you imagine going to Sonic to get your Vanilla Diet Coke, and then just chucking the cup out the window when you were finished!! I was stunned. Anyhow, we spent the night there, and headed out first thing in the morning.
The next day we drove for another four hours to Lake Powell. We went to Wawheap in Page Arizona. Luckily, on this busy weekend we were able to get a room at the Lake Powell Resort and Marina. Talk about a beautiful place!! You can definitely see our Father in Heaven's handiwork when you lay your eyes on this one of a kind sight. Our family walked down to the marina and out onto the houseboat slips. Chris' fiance's houseboat is called the Regal Sunrise, and it was docked there with food and drinks for people to enjoy during the day. Our kids were so excited, and didn't want to stay there. They just wanted to go back to the room, put on our wedding clothes, and head out to the cruise ship that was chartered for the wedding. It seemed like forever until the moment finally came to head out to the Canyon Princess ship. Brett was so excited to get on the "big boat".
Dave had the pleasure of walking his sister down the aisle and giving her away. It was such a special moment for him, and I knew that moment meant the world to him. He was given this pleasure because his parents are out of the country serving an LDS mission in New Zealand. He absolutely smiled from ear to ear!! Chris looked stunning as she walked down the aisle. Talk about a beautiful back drop for a wedding. It was absolutely spectacular. Chris exchanged vows with her husband, Paul. The ceremony touched all in attendance, and there literally wasn't a dry eye to be found.
Paul is a very charming guy!! Chris definitely did a good job in picking this great man, and I am sure that they will be very happy in their future to come. I hadn't had the pleasure of formally meeting Paul, and I just have to that he is extremely charming. I actually haven't seen anyone dance quite like he and his friends. They just had an absolute ball on the boat!!
Of course, my two boys were absolutely done by the end of the night. The reception ended at 10pm, and both of them were asking to leave around 9pm. We had been up late for so many days in a row, that they couldn't stay awake one more second. Anyway, to make a long story even longer....the wedding was spectacular and we consider ourselves blessed to have been in attendance. We wish Chris and Paul all of the happiness that two could possibly have.
Our road trip hasn't ended yet. The day after the wedding we threw the kids in the car again, and took another five hour drive down to Phoenix. Dave is working here this week, and I have it pretty tough too!! I have to sit by the pool at the resort with the kids. A tough life I lead...haha. We will be here for the rest of the week, and then we will pile in the car again for the long journey home.
I wouldn't have changed a thing!! Our kids will never forget our journey to the wedding!!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
OK, crazy fun!! I love Lake Powell! So glad you guys were able to make it. But, that means you are not going to be in CO when we are passing through this time. Maybe we'll be able to catch you on our way back home? But, fun for you to relax and such in AZ. I really like it there too. And, way to go---send Dave to work and you just relax by the pool! :)
Post a Comment